Maureen Laycock / UK
I returned to my first love of art and textiles in 2010. My inspiration for paintings comes from local walks in and around Sheffield, Derbyshire and on my travels.
I enjoy mark-making and the rhythm of movement, layers of paints, textiles and experimentation. I work in acrylics and oils, and also ocasionally in textiles and multimedia. I often scrape into my work, removing a layer or more and using the canvas as a platform for a journey until I am happy with the outcome.
I am fairly obsessed wth trees, hills, water and rocks, which are plentiful in the local countryside.
- Kephalonia Waters Kephalonia Waters
- Over the Hill Over the Hill
- Mountains in Kephalonia Mountains in Kephalonia
- Rocky Outcrop, Co Galway Rocky Outcrop, Co Galway
- Up the Hill, Bradfield Up the Hill, Bradfield
- Whiteout, Oughtibridge Pond Whiteout, Oughtibridge Pond
- Misty Day, Derbyshire Misty Day, Derbyshire
- Falling Waters Falling Waters
- Northumberland Coast Northumberland Coast
- Derbyshire Stream and Hills Derbyshire Stream and Hills
View the embedded image gallery online at: